I used some tips from a friend at work and decided to try grilled pizza. I did not use a pan and grilled the dough directly on the grill grates:
- I got the coals going nice and hot and spread out on the bottom of the grill.
- I let the grate get nice and hot (about 500 degrees) and used garlic oil on the dough.
- I browned the dough on the grill for about 1 and a half minutes and removed it.
- I then oiled the uncooked side and put my ingredients on the browned side (I used bacon and left over beef rib meat)
- I put all the coals to the outside edge of the grill so the center was clear of coals (so I could I would not burn dough and give the toppings/cheese time to warm and melt.
- I grilled the pizza (lid on) for about 4 minutes
The dough was soft and smoky and had a nice balance with the ingredients. You could taste the hint of garlic. Next time I will use more garlic; creamier cheese and lobster meat.