An instant classic! Had these puppies at Pappasitos in Atlanta and wondered how hard they could be to recreate .. apparently not that hard. I often double the recipe as only half make it to plate after coming off of the grill.
- A pound or so jumbo shrimp (~20 per pound); peeled, deveined and butterflied
- 1/4 lbs horseradish cheese in 1/4 by 1 inch pieces (1 piece per shrimp)
- 1 jalapeno sliced in to 1 inch strips (1 piece per shrimp)
- Cajun seasoning
- Black label bacon; 1 piece per shrimp for wrapping (you can get away with splitting the bacon in half if the shrimp are small enough)
You can use uber big shrimp or smaller shrimp as long you can fit in the jalapeno and cheese. I find the size that is about 20 per pound is optimal.
- Lightly dust shrimp with cajun seasoning
- Put in cheese in shrimp
- Put in jalapeno in shrimp
- Close up shrimp and wrap in bacon. You can use a toothpick to hold if you want but after doing a few the bacon should end up on one side and will tighten and seal when cooked.
- Grill and rotate often on medium high heat until bacon is done – watch for flare ups.